MassHousing recently honored more than 90 property management companies in Massachusetts for their success in contracting with Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) for $54.7 million in goods and services during fiscal year 2007.
BOSTON - December 4, 2007 - MassHousing recently honored more than 90 property management companies in Massachusetts for their success in contracting with Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) for $54.7 million in goods and services during fiscal year 2007.
"The commitment that these management companies make to equal opportunity contracting each year is nothing short of exceptional,'' said MassHousing Executive Director Thomas R. Gleason. "In return, they have received excellent service and helped these companies grow stronger while bolstering the local economy. I would like to congratulate all our award winners for their continued commitment and excellence in working with Minority and Women-Owned Businesses.''
Three companies - Maloney Properties, United Housing Management Corp., and WinnResidential - received top honors for multi-million dollar achievement with M/WBEs. The MassHousing M/WBE vendor program, which is overseen by MassHousing's Compliance and Diversity Division, was created to help minority and women-owned businesses benefit from the economic opportunities created by MassHousing-financed rental housing. In fiscal 2007, MassHousing-financed rental housing developments generated $187.5 million in contracts for goods, services and suppliers. Of this amount, $34.8 million (18.6%) went to MBEs and $19.9 million (10.7%) went to WBEs.
MassHousing recently received the Government Advocacy of the Year Award from the Minority Contractors Association of Massachusetts for the agency's work in promoting M/WBEs.
The following companies were recently recognized by MassHousing for outstanding achievement with M/WBEs:
- Multi-Million Dollar Achievement - Maloney Properties of Wellesley
- Multi-Million Dollar Achievement - United Housing Management Corp of Boston
- Multi-Million Dollar Achievement - WinnResidential of Boston
- Million Dollar Achievement - CMJ Management of Boston
- Million Dollar Achievement - Cornerstone Corporation of Westwood
- Million Dollar Achievement - Cornu Management Company, Inc. of Boston
- Million Dollar Achievement - State Street Development Company of Boston
- Million Dollar Achievement - Peabody Properties, Inc. of Braintree
- Awards for Excellence - Federal Management of Boston
- Awards for Excellence - First Realty of Boston
- Awards for Excellence - Greater Boston Properties of Boston
- Awards for Excellence - HallKeen Management of Norwood
MassHousing Honors 91 Property Management Companies for Strong Contracting Commitment to Minority- and Women-Owned Businesses in Fiscal 2007
- Awards for Excellence - Keith Properties, Inc. of Stoughton
- Awards for Excellence - Sentry Property Management Corp. of Allston
The Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency, now doing business as MassHousing, is the leading provider of affordable housing in Massachusetts. Since 1970, MassHousing has provided more than $10.6 billion in financing for more than 97,000 units of mixed-income rental housing and more than 54,000 mortgage loans for homeowners. For more information, visit the MassHousing website at www.masshousing.com.