Schochet Development our holding company, is also our development arm which provides a complete range of real estate services necessary to complete new construction and/or rehabilitation of residential and commercial programs from initial site selection through completed facilities ready for occupancy. Over the years, the company has created numerous developments of significant investment value, most of which have been retained in the company's portfolio.
Schochet Development has been active in the development of high end condominiums and luxury housing, as well as office buildings and shopping centers throughout Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The company has also developed a special expertise in the affordable housing industry, having developed or acquired thousands of units subsidized under a vast array of state, local, and federal programs.
Schochet Development prides itself on a long history of working effectively with government, civic, and community leaders to create quality developments which deliver significant benefits to the community at large. Over the course of our nearly thirty five year history we have undertaken numerous urban and suburban projects, and in each and every case we have been able to successfully forge consensus from among often divergent community opinions to produce developments of enduring civic pride and economic value.
Among these projects are:
- The South End Community Health Center, Boston, MA, is a mixed use development consisting of a new, state-of-the-art health center facility, 12,000 square feet of retail space, 39 condominiums, 19 townhouses, and 119 underground parking spaces. Located at 1601 Washington Street in Boston’s South End, this $30 million dollar project is the centerpiece of the revitalization of the entire Washington Street corridor, a key initiative of the administration of Mayor Thomas M. Menino.
- Brick Market Place, Newport, RI, is a mixed-use development built in two phases. The first phase consisted of 52 condominium residences and 32 commercial spaces sold as condominiums. Phase II consists of 20,000 square feet of commercial space, including retail, offices, and a restaurant. This development served as a centerpiece to the economic revitalization of Newport’s historic downtown area.
- De La Salle Condominiums, Newport, RI, is a 34 unit luxury condominium complex located in the heart of Newport’s historic Bellevue Avenue mansion district. A combination of adaptive reuse and new construction, this project retained the architectural splendor of the former private school’s existing buildings while juxtaposing 24 new luxury condominiums.
- Weldon House, Greenfield, MA is a 105 unit, elderly apartment complex located in the heart of Greenfield’s downtown. This project, completed in 1981, was an adaptive reuse of the old Weldon Hotel, a landmark building originally constructed in 1901.
- Waterview Apartments, South Boston, MA, is a 49 unit low and moderate income elderly housing complex which is representative of The Schochet Companies’ experience in providing elderly housing in an urban setting.
- The award-winning Cotton Mill Apartments in Whitinsville, MA, is an adaptive reuse containing 55 low and moderate income apartments.