Cotton Mill Apartments is the site of an old mill built in 1846 and rehabilitated in 1976. The property consists of three buildings: (1) Main Building (2) Fletcher's Forge Building and (3) the Block House Building. The Mumford River, which runs 11 miles and provided the power for the mill, flows beneath the main building.
Considered of architectural significance, Cotton Mill Apartments was the recipient of the House and Home Magazine Architecture award in 1976. Today Cotton Mill remains a town landmark and a source of pride to its townspeople.